College Athletics Pay, Cleanliness, Self Discipline
The Matt Townsend Show - Season 1, Episode 525
- Mar 27, 2015 1:00 pm
- 2:15:53 mins
College Athletics for Pay (9:40) Allen Sanderson Senior Lecturer in the Department of Economics at the University of Chicago. Allen Sanderson researches the money in sports and how the economic success of sports is not trickling down to college athletes. The NCAA brings in billions of dollars in revenue from sponsors and the players never see a penny. The question is should they? What implications would come from paying athletes? And how would this even be regulated "The Dirt On Clean" (57:19) Dr. Katherine Ashenburg is the Author of: "The Dirt On Clean: An Unsanitized History." Do you worry about that 0.1% of the germs that hand sanitizer leaves on your hands—it only kills 99.9% of germs folks! Deodorant that lasts for 24 hours, mouthwash, shampoo, lotions, it takes a lot to keep us smelling fresh. So how did our ancestors deal with being around each other without all of these olfactory stimulators? Dr. Ashenburg talks about the history of “Clean” Parent Previews: New on DVD (1:22:56) Rod Gustafson from Parent Previews.com joins the show to look at what is new in theaters and on DVD. Dr Matt and Rod talk about Home, the animated movie from Dreamworks starring Jim Parsons, Rihanna, Steve Martin. New on DVD: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, Into the Woods from Disney starring Meryl Streep and Anna Kendrick, and Unbroken directed by Angelina Jolie Strengthening Your Self Discipline to Get Healthier (1:43:42) Sarah Gowans, blog manager and writer at The Happy Gal blog, has a degree in elementary education, and is a certified Foot Zonologist. Her extensive studies include healthy eating and the mind-body-spirit connection. Sarah loves being active and healthy, and enjoys running, cycling, yoga, hiking, and anything else that keeps her heart rate up.